On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Phillip Susi <ps...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> On 11/28/2011 12:53 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
>> Seems I've picked up a wireless regression, and randomly drop my WiFi
>> connection with more recent kernels.  While I'd love to try to track down the
>> issue, the sporadic nature makes it difficult.  But I don't want to revert
>> to a
>> flat-out old kernel because of all the btrfs modifications.  Is it possible
>> using git to add *just* btrfs patches to an older kernel?
>
> Sure: use git rebase to apply the patches to the older kernel.

... or use 3.1.2, and get ONLY fs/btrfs from Chris' for-linus tree,
compile it out-of-tree, and use it to replace the original btrfs.ko.

There used to be this:
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/articles/b/t/r/Btrfs_source_repositories.html#Building_latest_btrfs_against_a_recent_kernel_with_DKMS

But personally it's much easier to just compile it manually without dkms:
make -C /llib/modules/`uname -r`/build M=$(pwd) modules

--
Fajar