On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Mitch Harder
<mitch.har...@sabayonlinux.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Wilfred van Velzen <wvvel...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> What is best practice when partitioning a device that holds one or
>> more btr-filesystems
>>

> When it comes to "best practices" in btrfs filesystem layouts, your
> primary consideration should be to make yourself robust to potential
> filesystem failure.
>
> Of course this should be true of any storage arrangement.
>
> But if you're going to be playing with rc kernels and applying patches
> off the list, you might want to break it up into multiple partitions
> so as to mitigate the problem if one partition picks up a
> inconsistency.
>
> On the other hand, it's also good for people to use the volume and
> subvolume features.  There's many different ways for people to make
> use of volumes and subvolumes, and it's good to explore those
> features.

Well, of course there are different usecases for different situations.

What I want to find out is, if you should partition differently when
you are using btrfs compared to partitioning for the other
older/regular filesystems for linux, for regular (production)
usecases.

(I'm not interested in what early adopter users do when they are using
rc kernels...)

http://btrfs.ipv5.de/index.php?title=UseCases#What_is_best_practice_when_partitioning_a_device_that_holds_one_or_more_btr-filesystems

--
Wilfred.