On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 10:31:34AM -0600, Ryan C. Underwood wrote:
> So, I examined the below filesystem, the one of the two that I would
> really like to restore.  There is basically nothing but zeros, and
> very occasionally a sparse string of data, until exactly 0x200000
> offset,

This matches start of an allocation cluster.

> ... at which point the data is suddenly very packed and looks like
> usual compressed data should.  Is there a way one could de-LZO the
> data chunkwise and dump to another device so I could even get an idea
> what I am looking at?

If the blocks are in right order, you can decompress the raw data from
the format

[4B total length] [4B compressed chunk length][chunk data] [another chunk]

there is no signature of the compressed extent boundaries, but the
lengths stored are always smaller than 128K, so it's hex values like

23 04 00 00 | 34 01 00 00 | <lzo data...>

and shoud be detectable in the block sequence.

> What about a 'superblock' signature I can scan
> for?

_BHRfS_M at offset 0x40 in a 4kb aligned block

david