Thanks, Hugo.  I'll check this out.  -John

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hugo Mills" <h...@carfax.org.uk>
To: jlcen...@comcast.net
Cc: linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:26:05 PM
Subject: Re: btrfs open_ctree failed (after recent Ubuntu update)

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 07:03:28PM +0000, jlcen...@comcast.net wrote:
> I was curious, if one goes the route of upgrading the kernel, how
> does one upgrade the btrfs tools?

   The tools are pretty much independent of the kernel -- you can
upgrade the kernel and keep the tools the same. The only thing is that
you would miss out on any new kernel features that the tools didn't
support.

   For new tools, it's actually pretty simple to compile your own (you
don't even have to install them -- the btrfs tool runs perfectly
happily from the build directory). Instructions are on the wiki:

http://btrfs.ipv5.de/index.php?title=Btrfs_source_repositories#Official_repository

   Hugo.

> Thanks.
>
>     -John

            --- There isn't a noun that can't be verbed. ---