On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Olivier Bonvalet <btrfs.l...@daevel.fr> wrote:
> On 20/02/2012 15:00, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

>>> Yes, this is probably the worst possible combination.
>>>
>>> Plese keep us updated. Just to have exact numbers for new users.
>>

>> ... although it would probably fail anyway due to btrfs hardlink limit
>> in the same directory.
>>

> And in that case, btrfs-convert will abort, or ignore the error, or just
> hang ?

On my simple test with ubuntu precise, loop-mounted ext4, 8k hardlinks:

$ sudo btrfs-convert /dev/loop0
creating btrfs metadata.
$ echo $?
139

so no useful error message, but it doesn't crash. And when mounted the
device still shows ext4.

A successful conversionn would look like this:

$ sudo btrfs-convert /dev/loop1
creating btrfs metadata.
creating ext2fs image file.
cleaning up system chunk.