I've just seen this too on Fedora 16 while I was investigating an NFS issue.
I was trying to copy a file from an NFS mount to a btrfs partition.
The NFS transfers for large files were occurring in bursts for some
reason and I was aborting the copy at times. This NFS problem was not
related to btrfs (cat NFS file > /dev/null was also bursting and
slow).

Originally I ran  3.2.1-3.fc16, but just upgraded to 3.2.7-1.fc16. The
file system was formatted with 3.2.1 originally.

I can't say for sure what caused this - whether it was the NFS being
slow, the copy being interrupted, or btrfs itself.

Regards,
Nik