On 3/17/2012 8:19 AM, Hugo Mills wrote:
Where is the problem, how can I use the full space?

    You can't. btrfs requires RAID-0 to be at least two devices wide
(otherwise it's not striped at all, which is the point of RAID-0). If
you want to use the full capacity of both disks and don't care about
the performance gain from striping, use -d single (which is the
default). If you do care about the performance gain from striping,
then you're going to have to lose some usable space.

So currently btrfs's concept of raid0 is "stripe across as many disks as possible, with a minimum of 2 disks". Is there any reason for that minimum? I don't see why it can't allow only one if that's the best it can manage.