On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 03:11:45PM +0200, Hubert Kario wrote:
> nice, didn't know about this. Such functionality would be nice to have.
> But then I don't think that a "recreate the array if the parameters are the
> same" is actually a good idea, lots of space for error. A pair of functions:
>
> btrfs dev zero-superblock
> btrfs dev restore-superblock

As a user, I'm not sure what can I expect from the restore command. From
where does it restore? Eg. a file?

As a tester I have use for a temporary clearing of a superblock on a
device, then mount it with -o degraded, work work, and then undo
clearing. So, my idea is like

  btrfs device zero-superblock --undo

with the obvious sanity checks. A regular user would never need to call
this.

david