Fajar A. Nugraha posted on Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:49:47 +0700 as excerpted:

> As for "lose their filesystems", are there recent ones that uses one of
> the three distros above, and is purely btrfs "fault"? The ones I can
> remember (from the post to this list) were broken on earlier kernels, or
> caused by bad disks.

I tried btrfs during the 3.4 cycle for a bit, and didn't lose the whole
filesystem, but definitely found it not upto my usual standard of
robustness, my previous and back to now filesystem, Chris's former
project, reiserfs.

My system's old and has a bit of a problem with overheating in the
Phoenix summer, so has been suffering SATA resets (not the disk, the sata
chipset most likely, and/or issues with the graphics overheating since
I'm using an AMD 8xxx chipset with AGPGART split between IOMMU for
storage I/O and graphics) and full system freezes.

Not only did I have way more stuff disappearing or being zeroed out than
on reiserfs (in default data=ordered mode), but in one case I had a
segment disappear out of the middle of a file, and in another, I had
firefox's crash-resume-file /content/ show up as what SHOULD have been an
entirely unrelated configuration file.

Naturally I had backups to restore from, and if it wasn't for the
freezes, it would have likely been fine, but it's exactly this sort of
corner-case that filesystems need to be able to deal with, and what
bothered me wasn't disappearing or zeroed out last few seconds of work
with well documented explanations, but having random segments of files
that I hadn't changed (whether the app was rewriting them with the same
data's another question) in some time disappear, and having one file's
content show up with an entirely unrelated name.  I thought that's the
sort of thing btrfs checksums were supposed to detect and effectively
zero out, but...

I decided that's /too/ experimental for me ATM, especially with not-quite-
stable hardware (it's worth noting that I survived bad memory and the
related crashes on reiserfs, without /that/ sort of damage, at least not
since data=ordered mode!), so am back on reiserfs for now, anyway.  I'll
likely try again next year sometime...