On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Richard Cooper
<rich...@richardcooper.net> wrote:
>>> If so, how?
>>
>> https://blogs.oracle.com/linux/entry/oracle_unbreakable_enterprise_kernel_release
>> http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml
>
> Perfect, thank you! I was looking for a mainline kernel yum repo but my
> google-fu was failing me. That looks like just what I need.
>
> I've installed kernel v3.4.4 from http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml and that
> seems to have fixed my kernel panic. I'm still using the default Cent OS 6
> versions of the btrfs userspace programs (v0.19). Any reason why that might
> be a bad idea?

At the very least, newer version of btrfsck has --repair, which you
might need later in the future.
There's also features lke forcing a certain compression (e.g. zlib) on
a file as part of "btrfs filesystem defrag" command.

Just grab updated btrfs-progs (or whatever it's called) from Oracle's repo.

--
Fajar