On 07/05/2012 10:14 AM, Alexander Block wrote:
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Zach Brown<z...@zabbo.net>  wrote:

Careful, timespec will be different sizes in 32bit userspace and a 64bit
kernel.  I'd use btrfs_timespec to get a fixed size timespec and avoid
all the compat_timespec noise.  (I'd then also worry about padding and
might pack the struct.. I always lose track of the best practice across
all archs.)

Hmm we currently don't have ctree.h in ioctl.h. Can I include it there
or are there problems with that? As an alternative I could define my
own struct for that.

Hmm, yeah, it looks like ioctl.h is well isolated and doesn't really
have a precedent for pulling in format bits from the kernel
implementation.

I'd do as you suggested and just make its own ioctl_timespec with a
comment that its duplicating other similar structures to keep ioctl.h
from getting tangled up in the kernel-side includes.

- z