On Wed, August 08, 2012 at 20:55 (+0200), Mark Fasheh wrote:
> +/*
> + * btrfs_insert_inode_extref() - Inserts an extended inode ref into a tree.
> + *
> + * The caller must have checked against BTRFS_LINK_MAX already.
> + */
> +static int btrfs_insert_inode_extref(struct btrfs_trans_handle *trans,
> +                                  struct btrfs_root *root,
> +                                  const char *name, int name_len,
> +                                  u64 inode_objectid, u64 ref_objectid, u64
> +{
> +     struct btrfs_inode_extref *extref;
> +     int ret;
> +     int ins_len = name_len + sizeof(*extref);
> +     unsigned long ptr;
> +     struct btrfs_path *path;
> +     struct btrfs_key key;
> +     struct extent_buffer *leaf;
> +     struct btrfs_item *item;
> +
> +     key.objectid = inode_objectid;
> +     key.type = BTRFS_INODE_EXTREF_KEY;
> +     key.offset = btrfs_extref_hash(ref_objectid, name, name_len);
> +
> +     path = btrfs_alloc_path();
> +     if (!path)
> +             return -ENOMEM;
> +
> +     path->leave_spinning = 1;
> +     ret = btrfs_insert_empty_item(trans, root, path, &key,
> +                                   ins_len);
> +     if (ret == -EEXIST) {
> +             if (btrfs_find_name_in_ext_backref(path, name, name_len, NULL))
> +                     goto out;
> +
> +             btrfs_extend_item(trans, root, path, ins_len);
> +     }
> +     if (ret < 0)
> +             goto out;

This doesn't look right. Did you actually test it? I haven't, but I claim that
with this version of the patch, you won't be able to add a hash collision link.

Jeff changed btrfs_extend_item from int to void in March, so we're no longer
setting ret there. I suggest adding "ret = 0" within the EEXIST-block.

The rest of this patch looks good to me.

-Jan