Le 08/10/2012 00:47, Goffredo Baroncelli a écrit :
> Please could you clarify if you are using the "autodefrag" options
> when you have the performance problem ?

I use autodefrag on all volumes systematically, except on volumes that I
use for really big files that would always be defragmenting (i.e.
virtual machines, but I seldom use virtual machines, and my performance
problem is general, I don't take VMs into consideration in this respect...)

> Are you in position to to reduce the number of snapshot from hundreds
> to few  ?

I might do this as an experiment, but it would defeat one of the
prominent purposes for which I use BTRFS, and the number of snapshots
would grow immediately again, as I use the excellent OpenSuSE "snapper"
tool, that makes a snapshot every single hour...

Kind regards.

--
Swâmi Petaramesh <sw...@petaramesh.org> http://petaramesh.org PGP 9076E32E
Ne cherchez pas : Je ne suis pas sur Facebook.