On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 08:00:51PM -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 03:22:30PM -0600, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >
> > I have now reproduced this bug locally.
> >
> > Adding sync() + fsync of each /dev/sd* device after the mkfs command
> > does appear to fix the problem.
> >
> > However it's a little bit difficult to know for sure because I might
> > just be changing the timing of things by adding these calls.
>
> Ok, what's a rough idea of the mainline git equiv of the buggy kernel?

On my local machine, I'm reproducing this with what Fedora calls
3.7.0-0.rc0.git2.4.fc19.x86_64 (note I found an unrelated but very
serious bug in this kernel:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=134973394826408&w=2 )

In Fedora we apply several patches on top, but none of them
appear as if they would affect btrfs or sync/invalidate paths:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/kernel.git/tree/

Rich.