On 12/10/12, Alex Lyakas (alex.bt...@zadarastorage.com) wrote:
> Hi Rory,
> can you pls check if you have a file "/etc/mtab" on your machine? If
> not or if it's empty or something like, then this probably explains
> the issue. In this case, pls apply patch2 that is attached (instead of
> previous patches). Otherwise, pls try with patch1 (instead of
> previous) and then with patch2 (instead of any previous). Both will do
> some amount of prints, pls post them. With both patches your tests
> work fine for me.

Hi Alex

I reset everything and remade the btrfs partitions. I re-pulled
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/btrfs-progs.git
and applied your first patch.

  (in /bkp)
  mkdir snaps
  btrfs snapshot -r mail snaps/snap1
  btrfs subvolume snapshot -r mail snaps/snap1
  mutt -f mail/INBOX/
  btrfs subvolume snapshot -r mail snaps/snap2

  # targets (dir, subvol with same name, subvol with different name)
  mkdir /mnt/snaps
  btrfs subvolume create /mnt/mail
  btrfs subvolume create /mnt/snapmail
  # base backup
  btrfs send snaps/snap1 | btrfs receive /mnt/snaps
  btrfs send snaps/snap1 | btrfs receive /mnt/mail
  btrfs send snaps/snap1 | btrfs receive /mnt/snapmail
  # update snapshots
  btrfs send -p snaps/snap1 snaps/snap2 | btrfs receive /mnt/snaps
  btrfs send -p snaps/snap1 snaps/snap2 | btrfs receive /mnt/mail
  btrfs send -p snaps/snap1 snaps/snap2 | btrfs receive /mnt/snapmail

All worked fine. Sorry for the previous errors, which look to be
invalid.

Cheers
Rory

/etc/mtab:

    rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
    sysfs /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
    proc /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
    udev /dev devtmpfs rw,relatime,size=10240k,nr_inodes=749414,mode=755 0 0
    devpts /dev/pts devpts
rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000 0 0
    tmpfs /run tmpfs rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=600748k,mode=755 0 0
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/6e899e2d-c401-4a92-8adf-a097bcaf2148 / ext4
rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered 0 0
    tmpfs /run/lock tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k 0 0
    tmpfs /run/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=1396860k 0 0
    /dev/sda1 /boot ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 0
    rpc_pipefs /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs rpc_pipefs rw,relatime 0 0
    /dev/sdb1 /mnt btrfs rw,relatime,space_cache 0 0
    /dev/sda6 /bkp btrfs rw,relatime,space_cache 0 0

--
Rory Campbell-Lange
r...@campbell-lange.net