On Oct 23, 2012, at 1:02 PM, Goffredo Baroncelli <kreij...@inwind.it> wrote:

> On 2012-10-23 20:17, Chris Murphy wrote:
>>
>> btrfs-progs-0.20.rc1.20121017git91d9eec-1.fc18.x86_64
>
> Definitely this version contains my patch.
>
> Are you able to reproduce this bug (the missing device warning)?

Yes. 100%. It's there hours later.

> If so,
> please could you be so kindly to test the Stefan's tool [*] to dump the
> super-blocks of the involved disks ?

I would but haven't the first clue what to do with this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org/msg19572.html

This happens even with no data, so I can dd the entire missing device into a
sparse file: dd to img, cp --sparse, tar with -Sj. The 80GB /dev/sdb becomes
2.5K. It's here now:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3253801/devsdb_image_sparse.img.tar.bz2

And by the time I've done all that, the "*** Some devices missing" message is
still present with 'btrfs fi show'

Or since it's a VM that I don't care about at all, I can give you login info.

Chris Murphy--