On Wed, November 14, 2012 at 19:26 (+0100), Jérôme Poulin wrote:
> Using Debian experimental kernel, 3.6.4-1~experimental.1, and latest
> btrfs tools from git master, I am not able to execute btrfs subvolume
> list.
>
> # ./btrfs sub li /mnt/data0/
> ERROR: Failed to lookup path for root 0 - No such file or directory
>
> After bisecting with git, I was able to confirm that commit
> 162df1e30c7c0492ae9fb551d74452e643f5fea2 breaks btrfs subvolume list
> on my current kernel.

I can confirm this. Steps to reproduce:

- create subvolume
- put some data in
- delete subvolume
- call "btrfs subvol list" immediately

If you give it some time, listing of subvolumes eventually works. Calling "sync"
doesn't help, surprisingly, while umount/mount does.

Some add_root get's called with ref_tree = 0, which in turn makes
lookup_ino_path call BTRFS_IOC_INO_LOOKUP with a treeid of 0, which looks wrong
to me. I haven't looked any closer.

Miao, as that was your patch, can you probably check if you can reproduce the
problem?

Thanks,
-Jan