Hi Chen,
thanks for reviewing.

I partially disagree with you. The new command(s) is required when the
code detects a change and wants to communicate this change to the
receive side. My patch addresses the cases when
- no new command is required to communicate the change (patch1)
- there is no change that is needed to be communicated (patch 2)

So even if/when new command is added, my patch still holds, I believe.
However, let's see what others will comment.

Thanks,
Alex.