Hi all,

I am running a Fedora 17 system. I am trying to set up a new partition
of 2 GB size which has BTRFS as file system.

When I am trying to do mkfs.btrfs on a partition, I get:

[atri@AtriServer ~]$ mkfs.btrfs /dev/sda3

WARNING! - Btrfs Btrfs v0.19 IS EXPERIMENTAL
WARNING! - see http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org before using

check_mounted(): Could not open /dev/sda3
error checking /dev/sda3 mount status

I have unallocated space on my hard disk, but I am not able to make a
partition as it says that I already have 4 primary partitions. Now,I
have no option but to try and convert an existing partition to BTRFS,
which is giving the above error.

Please help.

Thanks,

Atri