I have just completed installing an archlinux machine with 2 btrfs
partitions, one works fine (the rootfs), the other one I cannot mount.
Even after recreating the filesystem I still cannot mount it. I
receive te following output in my dmesg:

[ 6526.037089] device fsid 74cc8eb8-f60a-4797-9ab3-0c8ac4fe847f devid
1 transid 3 /dev/vdb1
[ 6526.037763] btrfs: disk space caching is enabled
[ 6526.038415] btrfs: failed to recover relocation
[ 6526.039716] btrfs: open_ctree failed

this is on a virtual machine using libvirt, a virtio hdd and kvm;
btrfsck reports no errors. An image of this filesystem can be found
here:
http://home.react.nl/~sjon/bug-reports/btrfs/btrfs-failed-to-recover-relocation
(29 KiB)

After recreating the same filesystem again on a smaller (100Mb)
filesystem btrfsck reports:

Check tree block failed, want=139264, have=0
Check tree block failed, want=139264, have=0
Check tree block failed, want=139264, have=0
read block failed check_tree_block
Couldn't read chunk root

and btrfs-image segfaults on this. I have dumped the partition with
dd, it can be found here:
http://home.react.nl/~sjon/bug-reports/btrfs/vdb1.raw.gz (98 KiB).

I couldn't find any recent reports mentioning these sort of problems.

Thanks,
Sjon Hortensius