On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 01:00:02PM -0700, Rich Turner wrote:
> i am looking for a way to query btrfs filesystems for all options used to
> create the filesystem (i.e. data, leafsize, label, metadata, nodesize,
> sectorsize) in an effort to be able to record this information and be able
> to recreate the filesystem with the same attributes if necessary.

the 'file' utility is able to give you the leaf/node/sector numbers

$ file -s /dev/sda5
/dev/sda5: BTRFS Filesystem sectorsize 4096, nodesize 4096, leafsize 4096)

I don't have the label set, but it is printed if set.

The raid profiles can be obtained from 'btrfs fi df', this should be
enough to recreate the fs.

> i see there is a feature request for creating an api/library that may
> provide this functionality, but i am unable to find any suitable userspace
> command that provides the information.

'file' parses the superblock directly, but we could enhance the
ioctl BTRFS_IOC_FS_INFO to get it in an api-friendly way.

david