On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 05:53:10AM -0600, Matteo Fortini wrote:
> Hi,
> I just built and installed kernel v3.9.3 (was using v3.9.0 before) and
> if I do a git fetch on a quite small (<1MB) directory, the system
> starts thrashing and I can't even kill -9 git.
> It's a btrfs partition with no fancy mount options (just relatime) on
> a core i7 with 8GB RAM, Debian testing.
>
> Please tell me if there's any test I can do to help.

Yeah could you try and bisect where the problem starts happening?  3.9.2 was the
only stable version that had btrfs patches in it, so if you could test 3.9.1 and
then 3.9.2 and see if the problem is in either of those that would be good, then
we can be sure wether its even related to the btrfs patches that were sent back.
Thanks,

Josef