On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 04:27:51AM -0600, Stefan Behrens wrote:
> In order to be able to detect the case that a filesystem is mounted
> with an old kernel, add a uuid-tree-gen field like the free space
> cache is doing it. It is part of the super block and written with
> each commit. Old kernels do not know this field and don't update it.

So to get around the whole crashing before we finish creating the uuid tree
maybe set some flag or something that doesn't actually set the
super->uuid_tree_generation until _after_ it finishes populating the tree, and
then have the scan deal with having a half populated tree.  Just an idea, but we
have to deal with it some way.  Thanks,

Josef