Quoting Zach Brown (2013-07-01 12:10:02)
> > > code.  It's all lightly tested with xfstests but it wouldn't surprise
> > > me if I missed something so review is appreciated.
>
> *mmm, hmmm*
>
> > One of these patches is making new entries not show up in readdir.  This was
> > discovered while running stress.sh overnight, it complained about files not
> > matching but when they were checked the files matched.  Dropping the entire
> > series made stress.sh run fine.  So I'm dropping these for the next merge
> > window
> > but I'll dig into it and try and figure out what was causing the problem.
>
> Nerts.  It's got to be the delayed inode stuff.
>
> Maybe it's some unlink/recreate pattern?  Is this a thing that stress.sh
> does?  (Where's stress.sh live?)

It's an old namesys tool, I've copied it here:

http://masoncoding.com/mason/tools/stress.sh

My command line:

stress.sh -n 50 -s -c /build/linux /mnt

Basically its:

1) Make a list of all files in /build/linux and their md5sums
2) Start 50 procs
3) Each proc copies /build/linux into /mnt/stress/proc_num/
4) Each proc compares the md5sums of its private copy with the original
master
5) Each proc deletes the private copy
6) Repeat steps 2-5 forever.

The most likely cause of the bug I'm seeing is readdir not finding new
files.

-chris