>  Add the "official" kernel repo as a remote to the same git repo
> (with git remote add), fetch that repo, create a new branch to work
> in, based on the btrfs-next branch, then merge in the other branch (or
> vice-versa).
>
>  Note that btrfs-next is usually based on the latest released kernel
> anyway, so that's likely to be largely superfluous.

Thank you for the reply.  I am afraid what you've outlined is beyond my
abilities.  I guess the patch is built against something newer than 3.10.5
which was just released yesterday since I get the similar rejection when
patching into it:

patching file fs/btrfs/ctree.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1338 (offset -12 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 1929 (offset -40 lines).
patching file fs/btrfs/disk-io.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1713 (offset -24 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1749.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 2172 with fuzz 1 (offset -17 lines).
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file fs/btrfs/disk-io.c.rej
patching file fs/btrfs/super.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 319 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 360 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 626 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 968 (offset 1 line).

Is is safe for me to manually fix that particular hunk?