On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 12:33:09PM +0100, Filipe David Manana wrote:
> Thanks, I missed to find that before.
> The implementation is very different from the one I proposed.

That's one of the fundaental questions how to store the information:
inside existing structures, via xattrs, under new tree items. Each one
has pros and cons.

> > Designing and merging the properties feature takes time, but we want to tune
> > simple things now. The wiki project mentions ‘tune2fs’ as an example, but
> > the
> > project details are not always accurate about how to do the things, it’s
> > more
> > like ideas what to do. If you’re going to work on that, please claim the
> > project on the wiki, and possibly write more details abou the design.
>
> I will.

The project is titled as persistent mount options, are you willing to
take the more general "per-object properties" task? IMHO there's not
much difference, the UI should be the same, just that it implements
per-fs or per-subvolume properties like mount options. The rest of the
object properties has to be collected and agreed on. I'm sure there's
community knowledge of what's desired, so it's a matter of writing it
down and bikeshe^Wagreement on the naming syntax.

david