On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 07:07:50 PM Russell Coker wrote:

> I can repeatedly get the following SEGV from running "btrfs device stats" on
> a  device node for an Ext3/4 filesystem.  This happens with the version of
> the code downloaded from the above GIT repository as well as with an older
> version.  Obviously the command in question is not going to do anything
> useful when run against a non-BTRFS filesystem, but it should do something
> other than crash.

The code calls btrfs_read_dev_super() on that filesystem, but it looks like the
checks are failing to detect it as not btrfs.  :-(

I can reproduce the crash here too with ext3 and XFS filesystems.

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP