Blaz Balon <blaz.balon <at> laly.si> writes:

> I also had some problems with syslinux.
>
> For me it only works if I put boot folder to root of btrfs.
> Didn't have a chance to do more test, but I copied /boot from default
> subvolume to subvolume 0 and it boots OK.

Not sure I understand your /boot comment. I have some /boots on the main
btrfs partition and some mounted ext(x)s (can't remember, don't care).

I have quite an (overly) complicated setup. All major directories are
subvols eg. /etc /usr etc so that I can snapshot at almost every level. if
you create the subvol you want as a tree, debootstrap (Debian) and git clone
the stages (funtoo) are quite happy, but I guess you know that.

Transforming from standard directory to subvol is easy with any live distro
(sysrescuecd).