cwillu <cwi...@cwillu.com> schrieb:

> Everyone who has actually looked at what the statfs syscall returns
> and how df (and everyone else) uses it, keep talking.  Everyone else,
> go read that source code first.
>
> There is _no_ combination of values you can return in statfs which
> will not be grossly misleading in some common scenario that someone
> cares about.

Thanks man! statfs returns free blocks. So let's stick with that. The df
command, as people try to understand it, is broken by design on btrfs. One
has to live with that. The df command as it works since 1970 returns free
blocks - and it does that perfectly fine on btrfs without that proposed
"fix".

User space should not try to be smart about how many blocks are written to
the filesystem if it writes xyz bytes to the filesystem. It has been that
way since 1970 (or whatever), and it will be that way in the future. And a
good file copying GUI should give you the choice of "I know better, copy
anyways" (like every other unix utility).

Your pointer is everything to say about it.

--
Replies to list only preferred.