Chris Murphy posted on Tue, 18 Feb 2014 15:02:51 -0700 as excerpted:

>  Also, what model drives are being used? If they are
> consumer drives, they almost certainly have long error recoveries over
> 30 minutes.

FWIW, that should be 30 seconds, not 30 minutes (OUCH!).  The below
context sort of makes that clear for those good enough at reading between
the lines, thus the suggestion to change the kernel timeout to 121
seconds, but just in case...