Hello,

I tried to use "bedup" BTRFS offline deduplication tool on several BTRFS
machines, with mixed results :

1/ Crashes with messages stating "programming error", sqlite objects must be
used inside of the thread that created them, blah-blah...

2/ Crashes stating that some file/objects miss a "live" attribute (?)

3/ bedup eating all my system RAM, then swap over 7GB until the system trashes
itself.

Wel, besides that and restarting over and over, I could deduplicate some files
and gain some noticeable space, but it looks extremely bugged and unreliable.

I tried to email the maintainer with details, twice, thru 2 different channels,
got no anwser...

And it looks like the GIT has not evolved since August, 2013.

So my questions are :

- Is "bedup" maintained or abandoned ?
- Is it supposed to be usable ?
- Should I use it ?
- Is there a risk that it causes data loss or corruption ?

TIA.

Kind regards.

--
Swâmi Petaramesh <sw...@petaramesh.org> http://petaramesh.org PGP 9076E32E