Hi Chris,

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 04:23:56PM +0100, Gerhard Heift wrote:
> This patch series first rewrites tree_search to copy found items directly to
> userspace and then adds a new ioctl TREE_SEARCH_V2 with which we could store
> them in a varying buffer. Now even items larger than 3992 bytes or a large
> amount of items can be returned. This is the case for some EXTENT_CSUM items,
> which could have a size up to 16k.

can you add this patchset to 3.15 queue? It hasn't gone through
btrfs-next for unknown reasons, but it should be merged because it makes
search ioctl usable with bigblocks that are now > 4k by default.

The newly added functionality is localized, I don't see huge risks adding
it even it was not in -next yet.

thanks,
david