Hi,

On 5 Apr 2014, at 3:26 am, Lists <li...@benjamindsmith.com> wrote:

> On 04/03/2014 05:41 PM, Avi Miller wrote:
>> UUID should work fine on OL6. Can you confirm that you have the UEK3
>> (3.8.18) kernel running? If you’ve installed from OL6U5 media, it should be
>> enabled by default, but older OL6 ISOs only had UEK2 on the media and the
>> UEK3 yum channel would need to be manually enabled.
>
> As suggested earlier on this list, I started with a fresh, vanilla CentOS 6
> install and used the centos2ol.sh script to switch to using OL before doing a
> yum update/upgrade and install of BTRFS. Here's the relevant info after the
> switchover.

Any particular reason why you didn’t just start with Oracle Linux 6? The
installation media is available for download from the official Oracle Software
Delivery Cloud at http://edelivery.oracle.com/linux or if you can’t be bothered
with the registration requirement, from one of the mirrors listed at
https://wikis.oracle.com/display/oraclelinux/Downloading+Oracle+Linux

There is no good reason to start with CentOS.

> [root@oracle ~]# uname -a
> Linux oracle.schoolpathways.com 2.6.32-431.11.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Mar 25
> 08:15:39 PDT 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

This kernel is very, very, very old in btrfs terms. In fact, this is the RHCK
or Red Hat Compatible Kernel that ships with RHEL6/C6 and isn’t one of the
newer Oracle UEK releases at all.

> [ol6_UEKR3_latest]
> name=Latest Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel for Oracle Linux $releasever
> ($basearch)
> baseurl=http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/UEKR3/latest/$basearch/
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-oracle
> gpgcheck=1
> enabled=0

Enable this repository and do a yum update to get the latest UEK Release 3,
i.e. the 3.8.13 kernel.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496