On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 6:34 AM, Daniel Lee <longinu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/23/2014 06:19 PM, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>> Oh while we're at it, are there companies that can say they are using btrfs
>> in production?
>>
>> Marc
> Netgear uses BTRFS as the filesystem in their refreshed ReadyNAS line.
> They apparently use Oracle's linux distro so I assume they're relying on
> them to do most of the heavy lifting as far as support BTRFS and
> backporting goes since they're still on 3.0! They also have raid5/6
> support so they are probably running BTRFS on top of md.

Yes, and any contributions you see coming from me so far, come from
NETGEAR.  I've been using my gmail account because I can't make our
corporate email server leave off the nasty confidentiality legal
disclaimer.

We don't use Oracle's distro.  Our OS is a Debian derivative, but we
have pulled in lots of changes from Oracle UEK and the SUSE SLE11-SP3
kernel tree.  And we do indeed run atop MD.

-Justin