On 06/21/2014 06:16 PM, Kevin Brandstatter wrote:
so ive come accross the issue of being unable to remove a file when a
subvolume quota is reached. This can be resolved by truncating the file
first, or removing the quota temporarily.
However, it should be reasonable that you should alwasy be able to
remove a file, regardless of quota limitations yes?
Upon delving into the code, I found the comment that an unlink may not
always free space. This seems reasonable on a COW filesystem, however,
it should not preclude a removal IMO (please correct me if i missed
something)
Personally I'm looking to try and fix this issue to allow a removal of a
file even when the subvol quota has been reached. I'm hoping one of the
current developers may be able to assist me in where to focus my
efforts, as I am still unable to follow exactly where a remove operation
would check the quota limitations.
Any help is appreciated.

For quota I think we should always allow unlink, it's not really the users fault
that we sometimes won't actually remove space with unlink.  The normal ENOSPC
stuff still needs to take this into account of course but for quota I think it's
ok to just go over quota.  I'll look into this later this week.  Thanks,

Josef