I've been getting blocked tasks on 3.15.1 generally at times when the
filesystem is somewhat busy (such as doing a backup via scp/clonezilla
writing to the disk).

A week ago I had enabled snapper for a day which resulted in a daily
cleanup of about 8 snapshots at once, which might have contributed,
but I've been limping along since.

I've started seeing similar on several servers, after upgrading to 3.15 or 3.15.1. With 3.16-rc1 it was even crashing for me.
I've rolled back to the latest 3.14.x, and it's still behaving fine.

I've signalled it before on the list in "btrfs filesystem hang with 3.15-rc3 when doing rsync" thread.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://www.sslrack.com