On 07/02/2014 12:31 AM, Anand Jain wrote:

Thanks for the commenting Wang.
inline below.

On 01/07/2014 15:16, Wang Shilong wrote:
Hi Anand,

Sorry for delay reply, more comments below:

On 06/13/2014 12:26 PM, Anand Jain wrote:
From: Anand Jain <anand.j...@oracle.com>

[...]
I agree we don't allow to update device list when mounted, i tested this
patch, it worked but

Thanks for testing this patch set.

it will output the following message:

Scanning for Btrfs filesystems in '/dev/sdc'
ERROR: unable to scan the device '/dev/sdc' - Device or resource busy

I think this is a little confusing for common users. Maybe don't return
error but output
some log message into kernel buffer, better?

 the Other choices are:

 display the error only when specific device is used
 by the user like 'btrfs dev scan /dev/sdc' And don't print busy /
 invalid error when a system wide scan is used like 'btrfs dev scan'.
 To achieve this we have to tweak btrfs-progs.

Maybe return EEXIST value here is better.

Also for your second patch, if we replace one disk with existed disk,
printk that info is good.:-)

Regard,
Wang

 or put the error under the verbose option in the btrfs-progs.

Thanks,
Wang
          name = rcu_string_strdup(path, GFP_NOFS);
          if (!name)
              return -ENOMEM;