On Jul 8, 2014, at 2:50 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:

> Am 08.07.2014 22:20, schrieb Chris Murphy:
>>
>> On Jul 8, 2014, at 1:07 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you tell me where the problem/solution might be located?
>>> Is it a known behavior in a way … ?
>>
>> It's known. Ubuntu has a patch so that mount shows subvolume names.
>> This information is probably available on Gentoo with cat
>> /proc/self/mountinfo.
>

> Unfortunately no.
>
> See example from my laptop:
>
> # grep btrfs /proc/self/mountinfo
> 14 0 0:14 /rootfs / rw,noatime shared:1 - btrfs /dev/sda3
> rw,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache
>
> 51 14 0:14 / /mnt/uncow rw,noatime shared:19 - btrfs /dev/sda3
> rw,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache
>
> 156 14 0:35 / /home/sgw rw,noatime shared:117 - btrfs
> /dev/mapper/_dev_sda4 rw,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache

Well it looks to me you have used mount -o subvol=rootfs for the first
instance, but you've not mounted a subvolume at /mnt/uncow and /home/sgw.

What kernel version is this? And I thought the kernel was entirely responsible
for the contents of /proc?

http://ur1.ca/hpk57
The fourth column lists subvol names.

> What does the Ubuntu patch apply to? util-linux?

No idea.

Chris Murphy--