On 07/18/14 06:40, Russell Coker wrote:
Displaying backups is an issue of backup software. It is above the
level that BTRFS development touches. While people here can probably
offer generic advice on backup software it's not the topic of the
list.

As said, I don't mind developing the software. But, is the required
information easily available? Is there a way to get a diff, something
like a list of changed/added/removed files between snapshots?

Your usual diff utility will do it.  I guess you could parse the output of
btrfs send.
Following this thought, one step closer in getting a text diff can be to use fardump. It takes a btrfs send binary stream and outputs the send instructions in plaintext. (https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arne/far-progs). It certainly would be awesome if btrfs-progs could have an extra parameter to just generate the list of changed/added/removed files between snapshots as all the needed infrastructure is already in place.

And, finally, nobody has mentioned on the possibility of merging
multiple snapshots into a single snapshot. Would this be possible, to
create a snapshot that contains the most recent version of each file
present across all of the snapshots (including files which may be
present in only one of the snapshots)?

There is no btrfs functionality for that.  But I'm sure you could do something
with standard Unix utilities and copying files around.
Sure, but the management of data deduplication is left to the user (presumably using cp --reflink) which is not trivial.
Does anybody knows how safe it is to use duperemove or bedup?
Any recommendations on how to effectively deduplicate btrfs at this point?