On 08/03/2014 09:14 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2014 21:00:19 George Mitchell wrote:
But just changing your boot configuration to use /dev/sdx is probably the
best option.
Assuming you are booting with grub2, you will need to use /dev/sdx in
the grub2 configuration file.  This is known issue with grub2. Example
from my script:
That's not a GRUB issue it's an initrd issue.  GRUB just passes text to the
kernel.  "cat /proc/cmdline" will show you what GRUB sent to the kernel, the
programs in the initrd read /proc/cmdline and then do what they think is
appropriate.