Hello. This is wrt this thread:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg36639.html

The OP of that thread had not clarified (IMO) what exactly he means by
"unreliability of btrfs send/receive". Is it only via ssh/network, or
even in the case of backup to local alternate (external) drive? What
exactly happens? Does it:

a) muck up existing data on the source,
b) or on the target,
c) or doesn't muck up any data but fails *silently* halfway,
d) or fails halfway and tells me it failed?

One of the important reasons I'm looking to use BTRFS is the backup
economy that send/receive promises. If this reason is going to be
affected seriously, then I'll return to BTRFS a year hence as was
suggested elsewhere...

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा