Hello. I've seen repeated advices to use the latest kernel. While
hearing of the recent compression bug affecting recent kernels does
somewhat warn one off the previous advice, I would like to know what
people who are running regular distros do to get the latest kernel.

Personally I'm on Kubuntu, which provides mainline kernels till a
particular point but not beyond that.

Do people here always compile the latest kernel themselves just to get
the latest BTRFS stability fixes (and  improvements, though as a
second priority)?

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा