David Arendt posted on Mon, 13 Oct 2014 23:25:23 +0200 as excerpted:

> I'm also using no compression.
>
> On 10/13/2014 11:22 PM, john terragon wrote:
>> I'm using "compress=no" so compression doesn't seem to be related, at
>> least in my case. Just read-only snapshots on 3.17 (although I haven't
>> tried 3.16).

While I'm not a mind-reader and thus don't know for sure, Rich's
reference to 3.16 and compression might not be related to this bug at
all.  In 3.15 and early 3.16, there was a different bug related to
compression, tho IIRC it was patched in 3.16.2 and 3.17-rc2 (or maybe .3
and rc3, it's patched in the latest 3.16.x anyway, and in 3.17).  So how
I read his comment was that he was considering going back to 3.16 and
disabling compression to deal with that bug (he may not know the patch
was marked for stable and is in current 3.16.x), rather than stay on
3.17, since this bug hasn't even been traced yet, let alone patched.

Meanwhile, this bug makes me glad my use-case doesn't involve snapshots,
and I've seen nothing of it. =:^)