On 10/16/14 6:46 AM, David Sterba wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 04:14:17PM -0700, Zach Brown wrote:
>> Here's another set of coverity fixes for btrfs-progs against David's
>> integration-20141007 branch.
>
> Thanks, I've fished 2 patches for 3.17, the rest is queued.
>
>> I got tired of adding error checking after a few so I moved on to the
>> other warnings.  Maybe we should subscribe linux-btrfs to the reports
>> that coverity can send out?
>
> I'm not sure if this is allowed by the coverity service and I was not
> able to any info about that.

We could, in theory, "invite" the list, and then I suppose we'd get
a confirmation email that 100 people would click on.  ;)

Could maybe just email the scan folks and ask.

I'm a little on the fence about immediately broadcasting all defects, though.
I doubt there should be security implications, but ...

I wish scan were better integrated with git, and then something like
"email the author of the commit that introduced a new defect" would
be pretty cool.

-Eric