On Thu, 2014-10-23 at 15:23 +0200, Petr Janecek wrote:
> Hello Gui,
>
> > Oh, it seems that there are btrfs with missing devs that are bringing
> > troubles to the @open_ctree_... function.
>
>   what do you mean by "missing devs"? I have no degraded fs.

Ah, sorry, I'm too focused on the problem that Anand's script pointed
out. Ignore this "missing devs".

>   The time "btrfs fi sh" spends scanning disks of a filesystem seems to
> be proportional to the amount of data stored on them: on a completely
> idle system, of ~20s total time it spends 10s scanning each of /mnt/b
> and /mnt/b0, and almost no time on /mnt/b3 (which is the biggest)
>
> Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> /dev/sdm        5.5T  2.4T  2.1T  54% /mnt/b
> /dev/sda        5.5T  2.5T  3.1T  45% /mnt/b0
> /dev/sde        7.3T   90G  5.4T   2% /mnt/b3

For your original problems:
o error messages:
  The concurrency problem exists as Anand said. As you said, running
balance & cp lead to such messages, so I think there are some
unintentional redundency works over the mounted devices when dealing
with umounted ones. I'll try to

o stalling:
  This may be due to concurrency problem either. After the first problem
handled, let's see what happens.

Thanks,
Gui