On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 03:16:03AM -0800, Robert White wrote:
> On 12/12/2014 01:06 AM, David Taylor wrote:
> >The above quote is discussing two device RAID5, you are discussing
> >three device RAID5.
>
> Heresy! (yes, some humor is required here.)
>
> There is no such thing as a "two device RAID5". That's what RAID1 is for.
>
> Saying "The above quote is discussing a two device RAID5" is exactly
> like saying "The above quote is discussing a two wheeled tricycle".
>
> You might as well be talking about three-octet IP addresses. That is
> you could make a network address out of three octets, but it
> wouldn't' be an IP address. It would be something else with the
> wrong name attached.

   OK. Sounds like I need to dust off the change-of-nomenclature patch
again.

   The argument here is about the 1c1s1p configuration. Is there a
problem with that?

   Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills             | There's an infinite number of monkeys outside who
hugo@... carfax.org.uk | want to talk to us about this new script for Hamlet