Roman Mamedov posted on Thu, 02 Apr 2015 19:13:12 +0500 as excerpted:

> Yeah I believe I just hit that in 3.14.37, system unbootable (locks up
> at "Scanning for Btrfs filesystems"), resulted in a many hour downtime
> as it was a remote system w/o IPMI. Fine after a reboot to 3.14.34. Too
> bad that even staying on the "stable" series kernel can back-stab you
> like that from time to time.

Well, btrfs itself isn't really stable yet...  Stable series should be
stable at least to the extent that whatever you're using in them is, but
with btrfs itself not yet entirely stable...

If your goal is full stability, something that has been demonstrated
mature, stable, and problem free for some period (say six months if
you're edgy, a year if you're moderate, at least two years if you're
conservative), is still a far better choice.  Given existing problems
even now, even if 4.0 btrfs proves entirely stable, btrfs won't have that
demonstrated history at least until the end of whatever length of period
you consider appropriate, because that couldn't start until 4.0's
release, which is still in the future.