Sjoerd wrote on 2015/06/23 11:03 +0200:
On Monday 22 June 2015 17:00:23 David Sterba wrote:
Hi,

btrfs-progs 4.1 have been released (in time with kernel 4.1). Unusual load
of changes.

Would it be beneficial to update when using older kernels (3.19.x in my case)?
Part(most) of.

Some one like qgroup limit needs kernel support.
UI and offline tools change won't depend on kernel version.
But the UI change is most obvious one, so upgrade user-tool should give your a quite fresh feel.

I can't upgrade to kernel 4.1 since my nvidia (propriety) drivers won't
support it (yet) :(

Same Nvidia binary driver here, but I just need to wait the kernel and nvidia package enter testing repo of Arch. :)

Thanks,
Qu

Cheers,
Sjoerd