On 2015-08-25 10:26, Miguel Negrão wrote:
Austin S Hemmelgarn <ahferroin7 <at> gmail.com> writes:

One comment I would like to make about this: I have heard numerous
stories of OCZ brand SSD's having significant data corruption issues
(along the lines of writes returning successful when they really failed,
and blocks that are in use getting randomly erased) that can cause
severe data loss and filesystem problems.  While I do think that btrfs
needs to be improved when faced with such things, I would not at all be
surprised if the SSD was the root cause of the issue.

It did have some corruption through its 3 year life time. This was from one
month ago:

sudo btrfs device stats /

[/dev/sda5].write_io_errs   0
[/dev/sda5].read_io_errs    0
[/dev/sda5].flush_io_errs   0
[/dev/sda5].corruption_errs 996
[/dev/sda5].generation_errs 0

On the latest scrub that I took note of the results though, it didn't have
corruption:

sudo btrfs scrub status /
scrub status for f2e4e4d3-2d8e-4764-a818-de9176405c4b
        scrub started at Fri Apr 17 14:42:47 2015 and finished after 146 seconds
        total bytes scrubbed: 66.10GiB with 0 errors
IIRC, scrub (or at least the old versions) only reports the errors it finds, not cumulative ones (hence the device stats sub-command), so I'd still suggest being cautious.