On 2015-08-25 12:13, Roman Mamedov wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 11:22:34 -0400 (EDT)
"Vincent Olivier" <vinc...@up4.com> wrote:

"UUID=" won't work for unknown reasons (haven't got a reply on this, maybe
it's the same as "LABEL="). And I will use /dev/* in fstab for stability
reasons.

Take a look at the contents of /dev/disk/by-id/, specifically ata-*
These symlinks are made from HDD model and serial numbers, so can be relied on
to remain stable, no matter in which order your HDDs appear in the system.
Maybe these will come handy for your fstab, I used them a lot and still do,
especially for swap partitions.

Unless things have changed significantly recently, these are all created by udev, and therefore useless unless you are using an initramfs or userspace is already up. They are really useful however if you have to boot into a recovery system (which is 90% of where I use them).